All I could say at the end of yesterday was WHAT A DAY. And today I think about it and smile and laugh a little. I took Ace to school yesterday and everything went smooth till I went to pick him up early for his ENT appointment. We get to the appointment and there is not a close park anywhere. So I park out in the boonies and lug a 3 month old in her carrier, a diaper bag, and a 34lb 2.5 year old about a half a block. And the whole way Ace is so good to hold my hand but that parking lot was chaos and everyone is more worried about finding a spot and are not watching out for my mini-circus trying to get from the car to the office. We get in the office and Miss Alli who rarely fusses gets very upset and decides that even though she only ate 45 minutes ago she is starving. So I get her bottle out to feed her and Ace says mommy I need to potty. By the time I gather up alli and stuff and walk him out of the office across the hall to the bathroom it is too late. So I clean him up and it was one of those days that I was not messing with dirty little boy undies so those went straight to the trash! I. DID. NOT. CARE. We head back into the office where I get alli situated and eating again and they call us back to the exam room. We get back in there and Ace crawls under my chair while we wait. I'm feeding Alli still and I feel this horrible pain on the back of my calf...the little toot bit me! Lets just say that he hasn't done that in a while and I don't think he will do it again anytime soon. So the doctor comes in and I put fussy Alli back in her carseat and drag Ace out from under the chair. The doctor checks his ears and says if he gets 2 more ear infections that we will be looking at our 3rd set of tubes...lovely. So we gather up all our stuff and make our half of a mile (or block that feels like a mile) walk back to the car. Both kids fall asleep in the car only to wake up when we get home. Come in Ace wets his clean undies on the couch (praise the Lord my cushion covers come off and can go in the washing machine) and Alli wets all over her changing table. So once again WHAT A DAY
But then I wake up this morning in the middle of our king size bed between two kids and my hubby and all I can think about is..Life is good. I don't care how many peoople frown upon kids sleeping in their parent's bed..I have to say that is my absolute favorite way to wake up is our bed full with our two beautiful kiddos.
Then Ace tells me this afternoon..."mommy you a pwincess" Makes days like yesterday really no big deal.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment