Friday, May 13, 2011

"Classy Moments"

So I was talking to my BFF Jennifer on the phone today and we were laughing about the funny stuff or embarrassing stuff that our kids do to us, in front of us, and most importantly in front of others! I am constantly shooting her a text of what I like to say is how "classy" we are or what "classy" thing my kids did. Well, today we were talking about it and Jenn said if I had a blog it would be hilarious. I said I have a blog and it's not. It's not funny or good. I said I really need to start telling blog land about our "classy" moments. As embarrassing as they are, I KNOW you all have those moment's too. And I KNOW that if you have days like I do you would enjoy reading about someone elses. So here it is....my goal now is to start blogging about our "classy" moments! And to be honest these moments will forever be some of my favorites. They may not seem so at the time but they are truly what makes being a mom so interesting, fun, and wonderful! So thanks to my BFF you get to hear about our "classy" moment from Wednesday!

I have been sick and sleep deprived. Not a good combination! So tired that on Wednesday morning when my child who usually sleeps awesome but must be going through a growth spurt was up for the 3rd night in a row at 2AM spit up all in my hair I wiped it the best I could and crawled right back in bed as soon as she went back to sleep....I KNOW "CLASSY"!!! I slept as late as the kids let me that morning and the rest of the day was a stay at home day...try to stay awake...and SURVIVE! As bad as I wanted a shower it was not working out that day. So when my hubby's friend Dave came by our house that evening to meet up with him to go to the BBall game, I was still in my fat mommy sweat pants, spit up in my hair, my house is a total mess, and my two year old is in his t-shirt and underwear state of being. I KNOW "CLASSY" Well he got here a little early and had to come in for a bit before they could go. We all visited for a bit. And I as they were about to leave...all I could think of was HOW EMBARRASSING this visit had been...SO GLAD IT'S ALMOST OVER! Well just before they left ACE man who is pretty much potty trained climbed up behind me in the chair put his arms around my neck and peed all down my back. THANK YOU ACE for ending that already embarrassing visit on a real "CLASSY" note.
And that folks is how us "classy" folks roll here at the Eck house!

1 comment: