11 years ago
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Labor Day Weekend
If you are like me your weekends never turn out as you plan for them to. For the first time in a while we had nothing going on and I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my two favorite boys! However, plans changed and that is okay. That's life. On Saturday morning my mom called. She was at my sisters house and my sister was sick and they were putting my grandad in the hospital. So she stayed with my sister and I and my two favorite boys headed to D-town to check on my grandparents. Jacob and ACE went on to spend the weekend with his parents (thanks again for letting them stay with you guys). I spent the weekend with my grandparents. My grandmother still cannot drive since she shattered her shoulder about 5 weeks ago. So I made many trips from the hospital to their house. When I found out that I was needed there I thought...there goes my relaxing weekend. I feel terrible that I even had that thought. I love my grandparents but I also love my boys. What I thought was going to be a frustrating change of plans turned out to be a wonderful weekend. I got to spend a bunch of quaility time with each of my grandparents individually. I have not had that in a long time. My grandmother who always goes to bed early stayed up late talking to me at night. And my grandad who doesn't always get to say much (since granny is the talker) got to tell me all kinds of stories. I found out so much about him that I never knew! I always knew he had a sense of humor but he was down right hilarious! Even being sick he made the best of it. So even though my plans were changed I am so thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful opportunity to spend time with two people that I have always admired, loved, and looked up to. I hope you were as blessed by God on your Labor Day as I was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment